An original cartridge is a brand new cartridge manufactured by the same brand that made your printer. So an original cartridge for a HP printer is manufactured by HP.
A compatible toner cartridge is made by a third party manufacturer and is made up of all new compatible parts. It has a similar quality to an OEM cartridge. The misconception here is that many consumers think that compatible toners or ink cartridges are of lower quality or are out right fakes. This cannot be further from the truth as most printers support compatible supplies.
But always make sure to only ever buy from reputable websites with returns policies and guarantees like Magnetone!
Benefits of buying OEM toner cartridge:
- For obtaining the best quality prints.
- For 100% compatibility with a specific printer model.
- Lowest failure rate.
- For obtaining the highest yields.
- For reliability and minimizing downtime.
- While a quality compatible toner cartridge can provide similar performance compared to the original version; the premium price can be justified when peace of mind for quality, compatibility, and performance is of the utmost importance.
Drawback of buying OEM toner cartridge:
- OEM toner cartridges are created from new materials: new plastics and polymers – not recycled so if you are looking to go green this may not be the best option.
- Relatively high cost.
- Paying for the brand name.
Benefits of buying Compatible toner cartridge:
- Compatible toner cartridges have the same yield as OEM toner cartridges, but at a better price point.
- Compatible cartridges utilize numerous recycled parts and components from the original cartridge, reducing the use of the environmentally harmful materials and pollutants.
- Good quality printing at a lower cost – sometimes even half the cost of the branded cartridge.
- Reduce the amount of time spent searching for compatible toner cartridges. From the newest color models to legacy printers, you can be confident that there will be a compatible offering for you.
- Compatible and re-manufactured OEM cartridges are available from higher quality manufacturers that produce more reliable products.
Drawbacks of buying Compatible toner cartridge:
- Can be unreliable if purchased from a low quality manufacturer.
- Warranty are not covered by the printer company and is separately processed by the third party manufacturers.
What is the Best Option?
- It all depends on your printing needs which type of print cartridge you need to buy and use.
- If you need High assurance of warranty of parts, an OEM print cartridge will be best for you.
- If you need large volumes of printing and having to deal with separate warranty is not an issue, a compatible cartridge will be ideal for.